Critical reflection question 1
How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues?
Throughout my magazine I used many different connections such as, the choice of fonts, color, photographs, and photo-editing. This helped me design my magazine in the way I wanted.
First off is font, I used this certain font "BLACK OAK STD'' because I liked how it showed off the main words for the cover, it brought the attention I wanted for the readers. I wanted the impression of a well known magazine, such as a professional sports magazine like Sports Illustrated. I mirrored Sports Illustrated throughout my work because of how professional and respected the magazine is. With the cover page I tried to make up to date adjustments with the title that the reader would be interested in. A big part of the Title page is the ''S'' that is what the reader should notice first due to the size and the color. Also I wanted the reader to notice it first because of the importance of it regarding the whole magazine. It is important because the is the colors of the school o was basing the article on and it is the ''S'' that is used on everything for the school. With font it was important to me to make it look professional and up to date because of how magazines are designed today for the reader to be interested in it.
Secondly, is color, for color I based it off the three colors the school is. Black, White, and Orange. With these colors being based off of the color scheme from the school I used the ''S'' to bring out the main colors and in the background is the accent of the white. Throughout the magazine I wanted it to be presented as the color scheme for the color because it is based off of softball team for the school.
Thirdly, is photographs, for photos I used location very seriously. For the magazine I used the location of the Sarasota Lady Sailor softball field on campus. With the Softball field I took the location very serious because it will be the only location I used. While going to the field many times to take multiple pictures I used this convention to show what my magazine will be about for the readers, while the article is telling them what it is about. While the other conventions are important I think this one is the most important for a magazine. Now a days I feel as if the pictures make the magazine., I used this convention for critically.
Lastly, Photo-editing, with this convention I used photoshop. While using photoshop, I constructed the photo to be placed in a specific spot along with what was in the photo. I used this convention because it was important to me to capture a specific spot or action, wether it was during a game or a prop such as a sign or a ball. With photo-editing I was able to cut some of the photos extra content to have it focus on one person or sign.
Throughout my magazine I used many different connections such as, the choice of fonts, color, photographs, and photo-editing. This helped me design my magazine in the way I wanted.
First off is font, I used this certain font "BLACK OAK STD'' because I liked how it showed off the main words for the cover, it brought the attention I wanted for the readers. I wanted the impression of a well known magazine, such as a professional sports magazine like Sports Illustrated. I mirrored Sports Illustrated throughout my work because of how professional and respected the magazine is. With the cover page I tried to make up to date adjustments with the title that the reader would be interested in. A big part of the Title page is the ''S'' that is what the reader should notice first due to the size and the color. Also I wanted the reader to notice it first because of the importance of it regarding the whole magazine. It is important because the is the colors of the school o was basing the article on and it is the ''S'' that is used on everything for the school. With font it was important to me to make it look professional and up to date because of how magazines are designed today for the reader to be interested in it.
Secondly, is color, for color I based it off the three colors the school is. Black, White, and Orange. With these colors being based off of the color scheme from the school I used the ''S'' to bring out the main colors and in the background is the accent of the white. Throughout the magazine I wanted it to be presented as the color scheme for the color because it is based off of softball team for the school.
Thirdly, is photographs, for photos I used location very seriously. For the magazine I used the location of the Sarasota Lady Sailor softball field on campus. With the Softball field I took the location very serious because it will be the only location I used. While going to the field many times to take multiple pictures I used this convention to show what my magazine will be about for the readers, while the article is telling them what it is about. While the other conventions are important I think this one is the most important for a magazine. Now a days I feel as if the pictures make the magazine., I used this convention for critically.
Lastly, Photo-editing, with this convention I used photoshop. While using photoshop, I constructed the photo to be placed in a specific spot along with what was in the photo. I used this convention because it was important to me to capture a specific spot or action, wether it was during a game or a prop such as a sign or a ball. With photo-editing I was able to cut some of the photos extra content to have it focus on one person or sign.
Comments
Post a Comment